Peer Reviewed Journal Articles
16. Wang, R. & Yang, A. (Accepted). The Structure and Evolution of the International Human Rights Network: Unpacking the Influences of Countries’ Contextual Factors and Network Configurations. International Interactions: Empirical and Theoretical Research in International Relations
15. AbouAssi, K., Wang, R., & Huang, K. (Accepted). Snuggling Together or Exploring Options? A Multilevel Analysis of Nonprofit Partnership Formation and Evolution in an Unstable Institutional Context. Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly.
14. Yang, A., Liu, W., & Wang, R. (2020). Cross-sector alliances in the global refugee crisis: An institutional theory approach. Business Ethics: A European Review. 29(3), 646-660
13. Wang, R. (2020) Marginality and Team Building in Collaborative Crowdsourcing. Online Information Review.
12. Wang, R., Bar, F., & Hong, Y. (2020) Mapping Information Communication Technology Aid Flows from China to African Countries: A Communication Network Perspective. International Journal of Communication, 14, 1-25
11. Du, J. & Wang, R. (2019). Knowledge transfer and boundary conditions: A study of SEMs in business incubation centers in China. New England Journal of Entrepreneurship, 22(1), 31-57
10. Wang, R. (2019). Motivation, Governance, Efficacy and Contribution: A Social Practice Model of Commons-Based Peer Production. International Journal of Networking and Virtual Organisations. 20(3), 245-264
9. Wang, R. & Chu, K. H. (2019). Networked Publics and the Organizing of Collective Action on Twitter: Examining the #Freebassel campaign. Convergence: The International Journal of Research into New Media Technologies, 25(3), 393-408
8. Yang, A., Wang, R., & Wang, J. (2017). Green public diplomacy and global governance: The evolution of the U.S-China climate collaboration network, 2008-2014. Public Relations Review, 43(5), 1048-1061
7. Wang, R., Liu, W., & Gao, S. (2016) Hashtag and information virality in networked social movement: Examining hashtag co-occurrence patterns. Online Information Review. 40(7), 850-866 [lead article]
6. Wang, R. & Cheliotis, G. (2016). Institutional and Entrepreneurial Engagement in Commons-Based Peer Production. International Journal of Communication, 10, 4258-4279. https://ijoc.org/index.php/ijoc/article/view/4248
5. Riley, P., Wang, R., Wang, Y. & Feng, L. (2016). Global warming: Chinese narrative of the future. Global Media and China, 1(1), 12-31. doi:10.1177/2059436416654770. Lead article in the Inaugural Special Issue of the Journal: Media Narratives of China’s Future
4. Wang, R., Tanjasiri, S. P., Palmer, P., & Valente, T. V. (2016). Network Structure, Multiplexity, and Evolution as Influences on Community-Based Participatory Interventions. Journal of Community Psychology. 44(6), 781–798.
3. Yang, A., & Wang, R. (2016). The value of freedom of expression and information on countries’ human rights performance: A cross-national longitudinal study. Mass Communication and Society. 19(3), 352-376.
2. Wang, R. (2015). A network perspective of social capital: Linking information and communication technology use to capability and development. Information Technologies & International Development (ITID). 11(2), 19-34. [In a study by noted ICT4D scholar Richard Heeks, ITID has been ranked as the top ICT4D specialty journal for strongest research impact.]
1. Zhang, W. & Wang, R. (2010). Interest-oriented vs. relationship-oriented social network sites in China, First Monday, 15(8), Available at http://firstmonday.org/htbin/cgiwrap/bin/ojs/index.php/fm/article/viewArticle/2836/2582 doi: 10.5210/fm.v15i8.2836
Peer Reviewed Conference Proceedings
4. O’Connor, A., Shumate, M., & Wang, R. (2019). Exploring Stakeholders’ Assessments of Organizational Identity and Identification in the Context of CSR Partnerships. Proceedings of the 5th CSR Communication Conference, Stockholm, Sweden, 18-20 September 2019.
3. Horvat, E., Wachs, J., Wang, R., & Hannák, A. (2018). The Role of Novelty in Securing Investors for Equity Crowdfunding Campaigns. Proceedings of the sixth AAAI Conference on Human Computation and Crowdsourcing (HCOMP)
2. Wang, R. & Bar, F. (2015). Evaluating open development: A cross-national study. Proceedings of ICTD 2015. ACM
1. Calandro, E. & Wang, R. (2012). Predictors of mobile Internet usage in 10 African countries. Proceedings of the 19th International Telecommunication Society (ITS) Biennial Conference 2012, Moving Forward with Future Technologies: Opening a Platform for All, Bangkok, Thailand.
2. Wang, R., Cooper, K., & Shumate, M. (2020). The community system solutions framework. Winter Issue in Stanford Social Innovation Review, Winter Issue.
1. Wang, R. (2015). Engaging the government for environmental collective action in rural China: In search of ICT’s political implication. Chapter 4 in Networked China: Global Dynamics of Digital Media and Civic Engagement. W. Chen & S, Reese (eds). pp. 77-96, Routledge: New York.